welcome

Everyone needs a place and space to be heard... to share and express that which is important in their lives... this is mine.

Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Treat Boxes

Hello Friends
I hope you've all had a blessed Easter weekend as we have had at my house. My whole family came down with a virus during the week so if you were looking for my copic challenge, forgive me I could not get to it. I didnt get to color at all this week! Saturday evening I was pushing for time trying to finish an Easter surprise for my daughters. Instead of Easter baskets, I made them Easter boxes. Once the candy treats are gone, they can use the boxes for their assorted Barbie and Brat clothes. My girls each choose the papers they liked so their individual box is custom made for them:)
I used punches to create the flowers.... Flower by EK Success, 5 Petal punch, 3 blossom punch and wide oval punch by Stampin' UP, Fern punch by Martha Stewart. I layered the punched pieces together, punched a 1/8 hole in the center and adhered together with a large brad. Next I rolled in the edges of the petals a bit and applied Stickles glitter glue to accent. The baby blossoms I simply taped on the box and added little pearls. Oh my girls loved their boxes!
I have some catching up to do around the house today... but I hope I can get back on track soon!
Kimm

1 comment:

Kim said...

Kimm, those flowers are gorgeous!! I'm sure your girls were thrilled with their boxes!