welcome

Everyone needs a place and space to be heard... to share and express that which is important in their lives... this is mine.

Friday, August 28, 2009

Good Apple

Hello Friday!
A few cooler nights in Memphis cause me to yearn for autumn and all the things associated with the season. An abundance of fresh sweet apples is sign autumn has arrived! One of my favorite sayings about apples is "The apple doesn't fall that far from the tree". It's a wonderful reminder of the importance our past... our roots and the family we come from... as well as a reminder of the hope in the future... our children and how we raise them.
This particular card I made with a dear friend in mind. She is one of those 'good apples'. The image was colored with Copics.
Here is a slightly tilted view so you can see the shimmer from the lemon Spica pen. I added little wisps of it where the sun would hit.
Stamp Credits- Anita's Art Stamps, Stampin' UP
Kimm




1 comment:

Stampin_melissa said...

Goodness Kimm, that apple looks so good I think I could pick it up and eat it! Awesome job!