welcome

Everyone needs a place and space to be heard... to share and express that which is important in their lives... this is mine.

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Blooms and Puppies

This little guy is the newest addition to our family... he has the 'aww' factor down doesn't he? We adopted him from a kennel as an older puppy. We almost passed him up when we visited the first time, but he kept pulling at my heart strings. I'm so glad he did because he is the sweetest little guy!!
As you probably know, puppies can take alot of time and with everything else going on in my household, my creativity has been at an all time low. I had to really push myself to make these two cards the other day during my regular stamp time.

This card uses the stamp set Eastern Blooms by Stampin' UP! The bottom layer is a polished stone that I ran through the cuttlebug and swipped pomegrante ink over the embossing. I cut out the florals and added stickles to the center.

The second card layers multiple florals in tangerine and marigold (love both of those colors!!) onto a kiwi cardstock stamped with greenery. The front panel is framed by a polished stone layer done in chocolate and copper.

Here's hoping my creativity returns!!
Kimm BT

3 comments:

Susan Hackney said...

Your puppy is adorable and I love both cards, but the first one is my favorite!

Shirley said...

They are both totally lovely, Kimm. Great to see some more of your art! Love the puppy too though!

Candice Windham said...

Love the pup (I'm a sucker for a furry pup face)!
Sista, I think your creativity may have been just hiding a bit– your idea, not mine. I've never seen anything you've done that isn't drop-dead gorgeous! Gotta love the cuttlebug and Pomegranate ink!