welcome

Everyone needs a place and space to be heard... to share and express that which is important in their lives... this is mine.

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

World Card Making Day

My celebration of World Card Making Day turned into world cardmaking weekend. I'm going to share those with you today and maybe into tomorrow!

It's hard to pick a favorite sometimes but the above card is probably my favorite. I love the colors, the shine and the golden highlights in the varnished pearls layer (Technique Junkies Dec. 07). I colored the butterfly by Stampin' UP with pastel chalks then coated with versamark and embossed. I adhered the body of the butterfly only, leaving the wings 'free'. The narrow layer between the chocolate brown base and the celery green is a metallic gold. The stamped edging is by Inque Boutique.
The technique used in this floral garden card is Geometric Overlay (Technique Junkies Oct. '08). Stamps are by Stampin' UP and Inque Boutique.

I have to confess this full blossom card looks much better in real life than on a flat scan! The background is Cottoned Color (Technique Junkies Apr. '07) and has a beautiful shimmer to it. The blossom stamp is by Hero Arts that I colored with watercolor crayons than added little touches of Stickles glue to the light areas of the petals. Stickles glue isn't the old-fashioned chunky glitter glue... rather, this dimensional glue has very fine flakes of glitter and wonderful for card art!
Kimm BT





No comments: