welcome

Everyone needs a place and space to be heard... to share and express that which is important in their lives... this is mine.

Monday, January 26, 2009

More Sophisticated Ladies

Goodmorning Friends
I have 2 more in my current sophisticated ladies series to share today. All the cards in this series are 7 1/2" x 4" to fit into a business size envelope.
The first one here in browns has more of a woodsy, manly feel. No twinklers or glitter on her! The base layer is Camouflage technique (TJ issue Oct. '08). The deep brown layer framing my main image is a specialty cardstock from Papertemptress, Plike Brown... it has a wonderful feel to it and worked perfectly with this card. After the brass brads were added, I hammered them down giving it a distressed look and making it mailable!
I just want to call this beautiful lady 'Marilyn'... although the stamps name is Carol. She reminds me of Marilyn Monroe... so she needed some glam. After coloring with Copics, I highlighted areas with twinklers and added diamond stickles. The ribbon is a blue velvet and the background is polished stone. I used a stamp positioner to get the words in just the right spot! The silver designer brads are by Stampin' UP!
Enjoy your day wherever you are!
Kimm




1 comment:

Orion Designs said...

These are great cards Kimm. Your artwork is always to classy and sophisticated.

Vicki