welcome

Everyone needs a place and space to be heard... to share and express that which is important in their lives... this is mine.

Sunday, January 11, 2009

On My Mind...

I think just about everyone out there has made a New Year's resolution... and possibly broken them by now lol... except me. A good resolution or two has been on my mind but I've been taking my time making a commitment to one.

In my stamping world... there are areas I want to improve and/or grow. I want to 'upgrade' my style without straying too much from natural style. I think all stampers have a style that is comfortable to them... colors and hues they gravitate to... images they prefer... textures or embellishments that make them happy:) This is simply my observation, but I think stampers create their best pieces of artwork when they stay close to their natural style. I guess you could call that stamping from the heart. That doesn't mean we can't grow, try new things or spread those creative wings!
This next year I want to work more with 3-D items and multimedia art. I'm not sure where that will lead me, but I want to go there and find out because I feel it calling my name. I want to see my art put in a frame and hung on my walls. I want curves and lines and things that are out of my box. I want to collage... I love stamped collage work! I want a little sparkle and a little distress. Ok, I'm a woman and I want it all! Forgive my babbling along here... but I'll try to share my journey as I go.
One challenge I've noticed I need to work with this upcoming year is making my cards mailable! As in regular envelopes... without needing to buy padded postal envelopes! I had 3 Christmas cards returned to sender (me!) because they needed extra postage or hand cancelled. Sigh. Most of the cards I need to use personally have to mailed long distance and I want them to get there... and I hate waiting in line at the post office. So I will work on that too.

Stamp credits: Inkadinkado (birds), I Brake for Stamps (background), Stampin' UP (words)
Technique: TJ Dec. 06 Gesso Chic
Colors: Riding Hood Red, Baja Blue, Marigold, Black

Kimm

1 comment:

Tricia T said...

I agree with the "mailable" aspect of cardmaking. There are so many gorgeous creations out there, but I could buy two Hallmark cards between the postage and supplies!! That's a great challenge!