welcome

Everyone needs a place and space to be heard... to share and express that which is important in their lives... this is mine.

Monday, August 31, 2009

This and That

I have a few life things to share today... I don't always do that so hope you don't mind:) This is son #3 who started his freshman year of college today. As we home schooled K-12, it was also the first day I had to send him off to school. I don't know if I'll ever feel that I taught him 'enough' and of course I made mistakes along the way... but it is time to trust that I gave him a firm foundation that he will wisely build on.

My daughters and I have been having fun coloring in some rather cute images from The Greeting Farm. My youngest daughter (8yr) selected this mermaid.. and we all colored together with copics (many interesting conversations develop when we are having this sort of girl time). I showed the girls how to properly use copic markers and they are doing beautifully with them!

This is a tumbled tile that I altered. I worked on it as I was prepping for a club meeting at my LSS. I used Polished Pigments from Luminarte Inc. to create colored glazes that are durable. Love the rich vibrant colors of polished pigments! I have more bare tiles I'd like to work on this week. Some of them I'll sell at my Art and Craft supply sale this coming weekend. My daughter (12yr) needs surgery on both her eyes and I am putting much of my stamping and art supplies up for sale to help us meet the deductible. If you are local, email me for time and directions.
Lastly, although I couldn't participate this month, I hope you will join me at the Technique Junkie blog hop! Pat Huntoon has lots of goodies to give away so be sure to stop by!
Kimm


No comments: